Breast pain can be a symptom of cancer. If you have any symptoms that worry you, be sure to see your doctor right away.
Different people have different symptoms of breast cancer. Some people do not have any signs or symptoms at all.
Some warning signs of breast cancer are—
· New lump in the breast or underarm (armpit).
· Thickening or swelling of part of the breast.
· Irritation or dimpling of breast skin.
· Redness or flaky skin in the nipple area or the breast.
· Pulling in of the nipple or pain in the nipple area.
· Nipple discharge other than breast milk, including blood.
· Any change in the size or the shape of the breast.
· Pain in any area of the breast.
If you have any signs or symptoms that worry you, be sure to see your doctor right away.
What Is a Normal Breast
No breast is typical. What is normal for you may not be normal for another woman. Most women say their breasts feel lumpy or uneven. The way your breasts look and feel can be affected by getting your period, having children, losing or gaining weight, and taking certain medications. Breasts also tend to change as you age.
What Do Lumps in My Breast Mean
Many conditions can cause lumps in the breast, including cancer. But most breast lumps are caused by other medical conditions. The two most common causes of breast lumps are fibrocystic breast condition and cysts. Fibrocystic condition causes noncancerous changes in the breast that can make them lumpy, tender, and sore. Cysts are small fluid-filled sacs that can develop in the breast.